I haven't been doing memes but after being tagged by KW and Moxie Mocha I figured I'd play along. After all, it's all about me, me and me, and you know how much I love talking about me all the time.
What was I doing 10 years ago:
Let's see, ten years ago, I was researching home birth vs. hospital birth and decided to have my third child at home. Instead of renting a water tub to labor in, my husband and I decided to rip out the bathtub, move the toilet and put in a large soaking tub. So there I was, laboring in the tub and trying to get into the zone with hypnobirthing. While I was concentrating on each breath, the hubby was slapping down tile and trying to finish the floor. Needless to say, the homebirth was a memorable one. I ended up writing a chapter in the book, Don't Cut Me Again!
Five Snacks I enjoy:
2. Popcorn cooked on the stove
4. Guacamole and good chips
5. Oh yeah, did I mention chocolate?
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Donate millions to Hands & Voices
2. Take my entire family and Joe's family on an all-inclusive trip to a beach somewhere.
3. Establish a mentoring program for deaf and hard of hearing kids all over the U.S. so they can dream and be what they want to be and have a mentor by their side.
4. Buy a jet ski and a place on Christie Lake that's big enough to house 200 friends at once.
5. Give more money away--how much money does one really need anyway?
Five jobs that I have had:
1. College Instructor
2. Deaf Services Coordinator
3. Early Intervention provider
4. Printer (I printed train tickets and credit cards!)
5. Cafeteria Slop Server (in college!)
Three of my GOOD habits:
1. Reading something good each day
2. Composting--the worms need to be fed
3. I remember to put my keys on the key holder each day
Five places I have lived:
1. Dolton, Illinois
2. DeKalb, Illinois
3. Hinsdale, Illinois
4. Bolingbrook, Illinois (moved three times within this town)
5. Summers at Christie Lake, Michigan, does that count?
Name your irrational phobias:
I don't really have any phobias unless you count fear of cleaning.
Add one new part:
Name five places you want to see before your final breath:
3. Jasper, Alberta, and Vancouver (I want to go to Whistler!)
4. Hawaii (I'm going next month)
5. Aspen, CO (I want to see the John Denver Sanctuary)
Five People I Want to Get to Know Better:
1. Neil at Deaf Firefighter's Blog
2. LaRonda at Ear of My Heart
3. Karen at Indiana Deaf Mother's Babblings
4 MZ at Mishka Zena
5. Paula at The Hearing Exchange Blog