Monday, April 21, 2008

Advocating for Drive-Thru Access

Come and join me and June Prusak tomorrow night at Chicago Hearing Society. I'll be sharing my experience of being denied service at a Steak 'n Shake restaurant and tips on how to advocate.

NATIONAL CRIME VICTIMS’ RIGHTS AWARENESS WEEK

Chicago Hearing Society

Victim Assistance Program invites you to

The Victim Rights Awareness Night!

June Prusak: Youth Services Manager, Chicago Hearing Society: “CDI For-For”?

Karen Putz: Deaf Mom Activist: “Advocating for access” on her experience with Steak-n-Shake drive thru.

WHERE AND WHEN:

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

5:30-8:30 p.m.

Chicago Hearing Society

3rd Floor Classroom

2001 N. Clybourn Avenue

Chicago, IL 60614

ASL IN USE!

LIGHT SUPPER PROVIDED

VOICE INTERPRETERS PROVIDED

RSVP: By Monday, April 21, 2008

CONTACT:

Michele Cunningham, Victim Advocate

VP: 773-248-9106

MCunningham@anixter.org

Chicago Hearing Society is a division of Anixter Center

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Would love to come but I'm a little far away! Hope it goes well! Will be watching for an update!

Unknown said...

Hello, Karen!

In the past, I've left comments on your blog entries. Almost a year ago. I’ve been busy with other things going on in my life, and had to put the blog on hold. Recently, I have set up a new blog, and I’ve imported the best entries from livejournal to wordpress. I hope to continue writing book reviews, movie reviews, and my outlook on the arts.

I was tagged by my dear friend, Sharon, at Deaf Characters in Adolescent Literature, and I hope you don’t mind that I’ve decided to tag you. I really like your blog, because you talk about your passion for the deaf children. I am inspired by your work in advocacy. Go to my website. I hope to get to know you better.

Thanks!
Moxie Mocha

earthlingorgeous said...

Hi! Good Luck to you! I admire your strenght. God Bless.

Happy Earth Day by the way! found you on the autism awareness blogroll.

Unknown said...

Karen now if I were still in the USA, I might be sitting in the front row,,
I am sure you will knock the socks off of every one there :-D

Jodi

Anonymous said...

So how did your talk go? Are you thinking about going professional as a speaker now that you're famous?

Karen Putz said...

It went really well even though I had to follow June Prusak whose ASL skills are legendary!

I've been speaking for a couple of years now through the Speaker's Bureau at Hands & Voices:
http://www.handsandvoices.org/services/sp_bureau/bios.htm