Thursday, May 24, 2007
Ten Things About Me--Aren't You Thrilled?
I've been tagged by Christy at Christy's Coffee Break to share "Ten Interesting Things About Me."
So here goes:
1) My favorite color is purple. Oddly enough, I don't have much purple in my house, but my college roommate and I once won a decorating contest for the "Best Dorm Room." It was covered in purple, of course.
2) I love books. I belong to BookHands, a bookclub where everyone is deaf. We converse using sign language.
3) Toxic people drive me nuts. I'm on a mission to eliminate the toxic people in my life. Life is too short for people who have a negative view of life.
4) I once surprised my husband by driving off with a friend's motorcycle. He had no clue that I knew how to ride one. A special thanks goes to Tim Brown, who taught me to ride his dirt bike one summer.
5) Speaking of fast things, I'm on a mission to get a jet ski by next summer. It's a harmless way to handle a mid-life crisis. Hmm... should I start a "Jet Ski For Karen" fund?
6) I love steak. More specifically, I love steak from Outback. Nothing puts a smile on my face quicker than a gift card from Outback. The hubby knows just how to score on Mother's Day, Christmas and my birthday.
7) I'm stone deaf when my hearing aids come out. Don't bother arguing with me--I have a magical "off" switch on my hearing aids.
8) My ultimate favorite organization is Hands & Voices. I've met a lot of neat people there.
9) I hate housework. My mom loves it. She is so disappointed that the "clean" gene somehow skipped me. Fortunately, when my mom visits, the fridge gets cleaned out, the cabinets get wiped down and the blinds get vacuumed. I'm trying to convince my mom to visit more often.
10) Enough about me-- tell me something about YOU. You're next!