Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's a Zoo at My House

It's one of those weekends...

We have three dogs, four adults, and six kids in the house and there's a couple more adults and kids joining us for a New Year's Eve party tomorrow. Lauren's friend Sarah, came in from Texas. The hubby made me promise that there would just be "a few people" this year. Thank goodness that he doesn't read this blog.

I'm down to one chair in the dining room. Joe's mom gave us her kitchen set several years ago and one by one, the chairs have been tossed out as they break down. I've finally realized the reason that they're probably breaking down: we have no humidifier in the house and the dry air is probably cracking the rattan. That, and the wild children that live here.

The good news is that we have some lights working in the basement. Our friend Dan came over yesterday and spent the day re-routing wires and adding lights. Here are the guys high-fiving after they turned the lights on:



My mom and my mother-in-law both tell me that the years start becoming a blur as you get older. Time starts spinning faster and faster. They're not kidding! I swear, it was just a few months ago when we had our last New Year's Eve party. We're gonna miss our friends who've moved out of state. Happy New Year to you guys!

2 comments:

Kim said...

This is so cute! Happy New Year Back!! Gosh your lives seem so full!! I remember when it used to be like that here with three kids coming and going and all. Now our kids are grown, though one has come home to roost and another is here over winter break. Both will be gone on New Years Eve. We will do our usual somewhat quiet get together with friends in the neighborhood.

Karen Putz said...

KW,
I feel like I'm running out of time with my kids! I do not look forward to an empty nest. :(