Friday, March 14, 2008
I'm Allergic to Glitter Earmolds
My daughter Lauren has glitter earmolds with pink and purple glitter in them. They look really cool sparkling in her ears so I figured I'd get some blue glitter earmolds myself. After all, my current earmolds were several years old and quite nasty looking. It was time for something fresh and different.
I loved my blue glitter earmolds, but after the first day, my ears were red and itching. By the second day, I had developed sores in several places. I wore them four more days, until I could no longer put the earmolds in.
The old, nasty earmolds went back on. I figured I'd try again after a week.
The same thing happened, but by the end of the day, I knew the earmolds were going to have to go back. I tried again a few days later, but the same itchy feeling came creeping back.
The audiologist called the company to see if they could come up with a solution for me to keep the glitter in a different material. The company is going to remake the earmolds but skip the outer glazing. This means the next set will still have the glitter, but none of the shine. I'm hoping that the next set won't give me an allergic reaction.
After all, I want to be the cool, hip mom.
I know my kids beg to differ.
On another note, today's the last day to send me to SOBCon'08! All I need is a click on this link, nothing more:
Send Karen to the SOBCon!