Thursday, September 27, 2007

John Denver Tribute Show Benefits Aspen Camp for the Deaf


How I wish I could be in Colorado on October 13, 2007! The John Denver Tribute show, Windstar A Voice for the Future concert will be performed that day at 1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. All proceeds will go to support the Windstar Foundation (which John Denver founded) and the Aspen Camp for the Deaf.

The Windstar Foundation works to save the environment and the Aspen Camp for the Deaf has some wonderful camp programs for deaf and hard of hearing kids.

I need to win the lottery to fund these dreams of mine. Unfortunately, I don't play.

2 comments:

LaRonda said...

If I had a magic carpet, I'd swing by your house and pick you up and make a night of it! I don't know of any other deaf folks who are as big John Denver fans are you and I. ;)

But I don't know how I would feel about seeing other play his music. Even if some of them wrote the songs or played in his band, they just aren't JD. Sigh...

~ LaRonda

Karen Putz said...

I know what you mean.

One of these days we're going to take that trip to Aspen!