Friday, March 02, 2007

Marlee Matlin in "Working Mother" Magazine

Yesterday, I went to get a haircut and saw the February/March issue of Working Mother sitting on a display stand. I glanced through it and saw the familiar face of Marlee Matlin.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have to admire Marlee for her continued success as a working mom and actress. A lot of peole figured she was a "one shot wonder" when she won the Academy Award as the youngest actress. Here she is today, a mom of four and still performing. She's involved in various charities, published two children's books and continues to be a regular Hollywood icon.

My guess is that this mom of four has a lot more dreams and accomplishments planned and we'll be seeing her around for many more years.


Personalized Children's Books

11 comments:

IamMine said...

Absolutely!

I'm also a mom of four children and she has done so much more than I have!

She's awesome!

I hope she'll do vlogs! ;)

Lantana said...

I have noticed that everything written about Marlee is always done in good taste. She is a true positive role model for young deaf women. AND, she is very much "herself" and does not allow criticism to get in her way.

Way to go, Marlee!

Skye @ Planet Jinxatron said...

LOVE Marlee Matlin. Such an amazing actor.

Anonymous said...

You think Marlee Matlin is good actress but did you see her in L Words on Showtime... I dont think shes very good acting in that show because she was dating a hearing lady along with personal male interpreter. Would you deaf date a hearing person along with an interpter with you. No way! That show gives the hearies world wrong impression. We deaf people dont get interpreter on hearing dating. OH please... Im not too impressed with Marlee for being in L Word show. Sorry to say this.
SB

Anonymous said...

Yawning...

Becky said...

She was on "My Name is Earl" last night too. (Not sure if it was a rerun ... I caught a few minutes while clicking through channels.)

groovyoldlady said...

I'm a mom of four and sometimes I can't even find my deoderant. (Those are bad days to come and visit!)

Anonymous said...

Marlee Matlin is in The L Word on Showtime very good acting, she was never dating a hearing lady along with her personal male interpreter. It's only a mistake, to mean that!!! Ok. That show gives the hearies world clearly impressions about the deaf identity!! Marlee as Jodi, a deaf woamn dont get interpreter on her hearing dating. Im very impressed with Marlee for being in L Word show. And I'm not a lesbian...

Anonymous said...

hi my name is justine i am deaf i am 13 year old when you become actor? i read your book name is crossing deaf. how many children you have?.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO COOL!

Anonymous said...

you are cool!