Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My One Paragraph of Fame in the "O" Magazine



I was cranky when I arrived home from subbing today after battling four inches of snow on a rural road. My niece excitedly greeted me by hollering, "You're in Oprah's magazine!"

My mind scrambled to figure out what I sent to the magazine. I had sent out several queries in the last couple of weeks and couldn't remember just what I had sent to the "O" magazine.

As it turns out, my letter to the editor was printed in the March issue of "O" Magazine Just a simple paragraph thanking Oprah for a personal lesson that she shared about weight and food.

It may only be a paragraph, but it sure is nice to open up the pages and see my name in print!

3 comments:

Mother Hoodwink said...

Congrats! When I was a teenager I had a letter to the editor published in Seventeen. After that I told people I was a published writer.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation's Karen. Even a paragraph is plenty enough. I'm sure you more than deserve it.

groovyoldlady said...

Wow...I've only made ed/op fame in our podunk Central Maine newspaper. Hurray for you!