Monday, June 25, 2007

Enter the Laughter--Stories of Klutzy Moments

Remember Erma Bombeck and her short, witty sense of humor?

Well, Marti Lawrence has the same brand of humor with a twist: she comes from the hills of Missouri. My parents and all of my siblings are from the same state. My brothers and sisters have memories of outhouses and second floor bedrooms with no heat. I was the only one fortunate enough to be born in the culturally advanced city of Chicago.

I can't remember how I first "met" Marti online, but I quickly took a liking to her blog, Enter the Laughter and left a comment. Somehow, we started chatting via email and she was kind enough to send me her book.

Marti Lawrence shares tales of her life in Queen Klutz, a collection of mishaps surrounding her inability to get through life without breaking a few bones. You will find yourself with mixed emotions-- one moment you'll be breaking out in laughter and the next moment you'll be clutching your heart thinking, "This poor gal, what a life!"

Marti calls herself a "blutz," which is a klutz who has bad luck. And somehow, this bad luck traveled through the mail to my friend Groovy, who slipped on the steps on her way to the mailbox.

So if you're looking for a light-hearted read with a couple of chuckles thrown in, grab a copy of Queen Klutz. If you're lucky, Marti will autograph it!

Update:
I went to pick up Marti's book from a table and stubbed my toe!

8 comments:

Marti said...

Awww, thanks for the plug! I hope you got a lot of laughs out of the book. Thank you so much for mentioning it!

I think we met through SOB....

Unknown said...

Wow, the book is out of stock on Amazon.com I'll have to go into the store directly.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book, Karen.

I've tagged you for a meme to share seven random things about yourself.

groovyoldlady said...

Did she autograph YOUR copy???? (She FORGOT to autograph mine!)

Karen Putz said...

Ah, yes she did! I think you gave her such a good razzing that she remembered to autograph all of them after yours! :)

Marti said...

Oh my! I feel horrible about your stubbed toe - is klutziness contagious? Best wishes for quick healing!

Karen Putz said...

There must be a "blutz" virus in your book. LOL

Dawn Wilson said...

Oh my goodness, I can SO relate! I can be awful klutzy sometimes. It's not even funny. (I blame the planets being out of alignment on my most particularly klutzy days. LOL)

Thanks for mentioning her book. I'll check it out!