Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th-- My Lucky Day

One year, my father handed me an envelope with money inside for my birthday. Years later, I cannot remember the amount of money that was inside, nor the year that it was given to me. But I saved the envelope inside my nightstand for years. Typed on the outside was this little poem that my Dad wrote:

Karen

Friday the 13th, a suspecious day
But you came along and I say;
It's hard to believe but it's true
Wish we had two just like you.


Your Mudder, Fodder and everybody else.


Years later, when I was in college, I couldn't wait for the weekends to head home or to ahem, party with my friends. One day, out of the blue, my mom sent me a package. Inside was a plaque:



Hang on, Friday's coming!

After spending yesterday bawling at yet another IEP meeting (I'm sure I have a reputation in my district as an emotional mom, nevermind that I can advocate for someone else like a Piranha!), I'm just glad that today's Friday, and the 13th at that. I'm heading to work this morning then out to lunch with a friend.

The best part of all-- there's actually a glimpse of spring today!

3 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! (I think...IS it your birthday?))

Glad you're seeing some spring. We got 10" last night and they're predicting a Noreaster for Sunday night with "copious" amounts of snow.

Karen Putz said...

Ah, my birthday's in August, but I'll keep the fifty bucks you sent. Thanks!

groovyoldlady said...

;-)